Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Pesto Ranch Chicken Breast

Crock Pot Love
Oh, how I love my crock pot! It's awesome for whipping up an easy dinner or creating my signature spiked apple cider - but that's a totally different topic that I won't get into right now. 

Pesto Ranch Chicken  Breast
On my menu plan for this week, I am making a deliciously tasty recipe that I found on Pinterest (of course!). The recipe is called "Pesto Ranch Crock Pot Chicken Thighs," but, I am going to "healthify" it with a few simple substitutions. And you know what? Nobody will know the difference! ;)

How To Healthify
The original recipe calls for boneless, skinless chicken thighs, but I'm going to use boneless, skinless breasts instead. Even though you can easily trim the fat off of the thighs, breast meat is always a healthier option - plus, who wants to waste time trimming fat?! Not me! The recipe also calls for chicken broth. Of course, I'll swap out original broth with a low sodium, fat free version like Shelton's.

Here's What You'll Need
  • 8 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
  • 6 oz. Jar of Pesto
  • 1 16 oz. Package of Ranch Seasoning
  • 1/2 Cup Shelton's Chicken Broth (or any fat free, low sodium broth)

Get Cookin'
I'm about to blow your mind with how easy this recipe is to prep, so brace yourself. All you're going to do is place everything (the chicken breasts, pesto, ranch seasoning, and broth) into the crock pot, give it a little stir to mix everything up, and place the lid on top. Voila; that's it! Cook it on high for 3-4 hours, or if you've got time to spare, cook it on low for 6-8 hours.

Pairing Suggestions
I plan on serving the chicken on a bed of whole wheat angel hair pasta with a homemade Greek yogurt Alfredo sauce, and one of my favorite sides of all time, Parmesan zucchini. Recipes for both of these delicious sides can be found on the My Favorite Recipes page above.

Follow Your Faves!
Follow Me on PinterestFollow my Nutrish & Delish board on Pinterest to stay connected to all of my healthy recipes and fitness tips! Happy Cooking :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for finally talking about > "Pesto Ranch Chicken Breast" < Loved it!

    Feel free to surf to my web blog diets that Work fast For Women

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for one's marvelous posting! I truly enjoyed reading it, you may be a great author.I will make sure to bookmark your blog and definitely will come back in the foreseeable future. I want to encourage you to continue your great work, have a nice evening!

    my web site diets That work

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...