|Daniel & I|
I often find myself curious about the authors of my favorite blogs, and never seem quite satisfied with their little four sentence re-cap of their life. So, here goes my attempt to fill you in on a little background information about myself! Let’s start with the basics, shall we?
My name is Kate, I am 26 years old, and I live in St. Louis, Missouri, with my fiance, Daniel, and our two adorable little cats, Tink and Sincklefritz (Snicks, for short). I work from home for a Florida-based company as a full-time copywriter, writing websites for businesses all over the United States.
|My Little Tink|
I’m a complete goofball, and the text book definition of an animal lover. I also love to cook (and eat!), and I’m an expert hula-hooper; I’ve even won contests! Since this is just a sneak peek into me, I’ve come up with a list of 10 totally random questions so that you can get to know me better. Enjoy :-)
1. My childhood nickname was never one thing. My family is notorious for providing everyone they encounter with a totally wacky nickname. Even now, at the age of 25, my parents and family still refer to me as:
As silly as these nicknames are, I have to say that the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. I, too, provide my friends, family, and pets with nicknames that are totally off the wall and make sense to nobody but me. But, that’s okay; being goofy is the best, and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
2. If you want to spoil me rotten, give me a 90-minute hot stone massage, followed by the key to a beautiful hotel suite with a giant Jacuzzi tub and a mini-fridge stocked full of my favorite wine (Yellow Tail Moscato), cheese, and bread.
3. The television character I most identify with is Skyler White from Breaking Bad (aka, the best show ever created). This woman can be a bit overbearing at times, but she loves with her whole heart and always goes after what she wants.
4. Why did you start your blog? I started The Kate Chronicles because I am deeply passionate about health, fitness, and everything that comes along with it. I grew up overweight, and hated every minute of it. Once I went away to college, and after graduation, I found my niche with healthy cooking. Now, I hope to inspire others who are struggling with their weight, health, and self-esteem. Since losing 100 pounds, I am more confident than ever in my ability to show you that the "impossible" is so very possible.
5. My favorite childhood memories are moments that I’ll keep with me forever. I had an awesome childhood; my parents were a blast! My most memorable moments include:
Watching Godzilla with my Dad
Pretending to be Cinderella when my mom & I cleaned the house
Horse Back Riding
Countless Summers at Our Lake House
Playing UNO with my Dog (As an only child, you did what you had to do)
6. The one thing on my bucket list that I am most eager to do is go skydiving! I’m even more excited because this is on Daniel’s bucket list too! I see this happening in the very near future; stay tuned!
7. My family will always be loyal to each other. That’s what matters most in our family.
8. My perfect day consists of sleeping until 8 a.m., having a smoothie for breakfast, taking a bubble bath, wearing a beautiful sun-dress, picnicking in the park with Daniel, shopping somewhere unique and trendy, dinner with Daniel at a fancy restaurant when I’m dressed to kill, and a moonlit walk around the city.
9. In my opinion, the best invention in the history of the world is the computer! Where would we be without these little gadgets? I remember our first family computer, it was huge! Just think about how far we’ve come, and what the future still has in store. It really is fascinating!
10. When life hands me lemons, I change into my PJs, watch Lifetime movies, and order Chinese Food. It’s a lovely combination.