Here's What You'll Need to Get Cooking:
3 Medium Zucchinis
3 Medium Squash
2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons of Minced Garlic
1 Tablespoon of Dried Minced Onion
1 Teaspoon of Onion Powder
1 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
1 Teaspoon of Garlic Salt
2 Teaspoons of Dried Thyme
4 Eggs (Substitute Egg Beaters for a lighter option)
2/3 Cups of Light Sour Cream
1 Cup of Crumbled Feta Cheese
1/2 Cup Fresh Parmesan Cheese
2 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice
Salt & Pepper to Taste
Let's Get Cookin'
1. Preheat the oven to 375. Spray a large casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Slice zucchini and squash into 1/4" slices (if spears are too large, cut them down the middle first).
3. Heat oil in a large, nonstick frying pan.
4. Saute and stir squash, zucchini, garlic, onion, onion powder, garlic powder, garlic salt, and thyme until squash softens slightly. Remove from heat. Be sure not too cook it too long, or the veggies will become mushy when baking in the oven.
5. Beat together eggs (or Egg Beaters), sour cream, cheeses, and lemon juice in a medium sized bowl.
6. Place half of the sauteed squash and zucchini mixture into the bottom of a large casserole dish. Sprinkle on salt and pepper to taste.
7. Spread half of egg mixture over top of sauteed zucchini and squash in casserole dish.
8. Repeat steps 6 and 7 for the remaining ingredients.
9. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the mixture is bubbling. Serve hot!