Here's What You'll Need:
To make the "crust" you'll use several ingredients that you would have *never* imagined would be used in pizza crust making, but trust me, it's delish!
- 1 8 oz. Package of Cream Cheese (Room Temperature)
- 2 Eggs - Substitute Egg Beaters for a "healthified" touch!
- 1/4 Tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Cup Grated Low Fat Parmesan Cheese
As far as toppings go, I'd recommend using fresh veggies like, onions and green peppers, or even pineapple for a Hawaiian feel! If you live in a house filled with meat lovers, try to opt for a healthier choice, like low fat grilled chicken breast, ground turkey, turkey bacon, or Canadian bacon. For the toppings, you'll also need:
- 1/2 Cup of Pizza Sauce
- Your Desired Topping Selections
- 1 1/2 Cups of Shredded Low Fat Mozzerella Cheese
- A Sprinkling of Garlic Powder
I'm just going to warn you that this mouth-watering recipe will quickly become a favorite in your house. Lucky for you, it's a breeze to whip up!
- Firstly, you'll need to pre-heat your oven to 350, then lightly coat a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Using a handheld mixer, blend all of the crust ingredients until they are completely combined.
- Spread the blended mixture into the baking dish, and pop it in the oven for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Allow the crust to cool for 10 minutes before moving to the next step! Don't turn the oven off; you're not done yet!
Now that you've made your low carb crust, you can move on to the toppings (my favorite part)!
- Evenly spread the pizza sauce over the crust, then add the cheese, toppings, and a sprinkling of garlic powder.
- Pop that delicious dish into the oven, and let it bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese is golden and bubbly.
- Dinner is served! Oh, and feel free to top it off with some red pepper flakes - I love adding a little heat to everything I cook :)