1 box of Pillsbury Strawberry Cake Mix
1 tub of Fat Free Cool Whip
1 box of Instant Sugar Free Cheesecake Pudding
12 ounces of Diet Cherry 7-Up
Now, Here's What You Do:
1. Empty contents of cake mix into large mixing bowl. Add 12 ounces of Diet Cherry 7-Up, and mix well with electric mixer.
2. Once everything is mixed, resist all temptation to eat the batter. This is, without a doubt, the toughest part of the entire process. However, licking the spoon is highly encouraged. :)
3. Place cupcake liners in a cupcake pan, and fill approximately 5/8 full of batter.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, and let them cool for at least 30-45 minutes before adding the icing.
5. While you're waiting for those puppies to cool, start whipping up your cheesecake icing!
6. Empty contents of Fat Free Cool Whip and Instant Sugar Free Pudding mix into a medium sized mixing bowl, and stir until everything is well blended. There should be no powder left over from the pudding mix.
7. Once your cupcakes are compeltely cooled, you may add the icing. When making them for Daniel and I to eat at home, I just used a spoon to add the icing. But, when taking them to a BBQ last weekend, I put the icing in zip-lock bag and snipped the bottom corner so that the icing would look a bit prettier.
For an added touch of cuteness, I sprinkled on some chocolate sprinkles, and handmade some chocolate designs to place on top of the cupcakes. They looked great! You can skip them, but they only add about 15 extra calories, so I figured, why not?!
|As you can see, my soon-to-be Nephew was REALLY enjoying the cupcakes ;)|
Here's the best part: nobody knows they are healthy! People were going to town on them, and then confessing to me that they felt guilty about how they are going to have to do double time at the gym to burn them off. When I told them that each cupcake is less than 100 calories, they couldn't believe it! They were so moist and delicious, I even had my future Father-in-Law impressed :)
Find this recipe, and all of my favorite healthy recipes, on my Nutrish & Delish board on Pinterest!